Why Do I Call Him My Lord?


Why do I call Him my Lord? 

Because He has ransomed me, body and soul, 

1 Corinthians 6:20 

  • For you were bought at a price; 
  • therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 
1 Timothy 2:5,6 

  • For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 
  • who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,

from all my sins, not with silver or gold but with His precious blood, 

1 Peter 1:18,19 

  • …knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 
  • but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

and has freed me from all the power of the devil to make me His own possession.

Colossians 1:13,14 

  • He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 
  • in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. 
Hebrews 2:14,15 

  • Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, 
  • He Himself likewise shared in the same, 
  • that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 
  • and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Comments

Popular Posts