The Miracle of Christ's Birth Is My Wonderful Comfort


How does Christ’s holy conception and birth benefit me? 

Christ was not only the son of Adam, that is, a true man. 

  • Christ occupied a position like that of Adam. 
  • Christ is the last Adam. 
Just as the first Adam represented me when he fell into sin and I was thus born in sin, 

  • so also Christ represents me and I share in His holiness. 
  • This does not mean that I am now born without sin. 
  • Rather, it means that Christ covers the sin in which I am conceived and born. 
The Father does not look at me as I am in myself, 

  • but looks upon me in Christ. 
  • Christ’s holiness, His purity and innocence are imputed to me 
  • so that the Father regards me as holy, pure and innocent. 
This is a wonderful comfort for me. 

  • By nature I am born a child of wrath.
  • Like all other children I was conceived and born in sin and subject to condemnation. 
  • However, through God’s grace in Christ I am sanctified, 
  • and Christ covers my sin so that I am acceptable in God’s sight. 
In a way the miracle of Christ’s birth is reflected in my miraculous rebirth. 
  • Through the work of God the Holy Spirit, new life is wondrously conceived in me 
  • and I am reborn. 
  • And through this “holy re-conception” I am being transformed 
  • so that more and more I display this innocence and perfect holiness of Christ.
Adapted Excerpt From Van Delden's Only By True Faith

Comments

Popular Posts