He Adopted Me


The knowledge that God is the Creator would have no value for me if I did not first know that this Almighty Creator is my Father. 

Perhaps an example might help to make this clear. 

  • That a certain man has sufficient wealth to provide all my needs means little to me if he and I are strangers. 
  • Yet if that wealthy man was my father, it would mean a great deal, 
  • for I could be sure that he would use his wealth to supply my needs. 
In a similar way, 

  • it would mean little to me to know that God is the Almighty Creator. 
  • Yet if I know that this Almighty God is my Father, 
  • it means a great deal.
God is my Father. 
  • In a way, God could be considered the Father of all men, in so far as the term ‘father’ indicates the source of origin. 
  • In a sense, God is the Father of all men because God created all men. 
Nevertheless, the Bible speaks of God as my Father. 
  • That is, God is the Father of believers. 
  • For although all men were created as sons of God, 
  • all men disobeyed God. 
All men are by nature children of the devil (cf. John 8:44). 
  • God disowned all men. 
  • However, from the midst of fallen men, 
  • God adopted me again as His child through Jesus Christ. 
Not all have been adopted as sons and therefore not all men have God as Father. 

Comments

Popular Posts