The Best Thing About Me


The best thing about me is that I am created in the image of God.
- Adapted Excerpt from Comforting Hearts, Teaching Minds by Starr Meade

Did God create me so wicked and perverse? 

  • No, God created me and all people good and in His own image, 
  • that is, in true righteousness and holiness.
Then God said, 
  • "Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us.  
  • They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals that scurry along the ground".
So God created human beings in his own image.  
  • In the image of God He created them; 
  • male and female He created them... 
  • Then God looked over all He had made, 
  • and He saw that it was very good!  
  • Genesis 1:26-27, 31a
The Lord said to Moses, 
  • "Give the following instructions to the entire community of Israel.  
  • You must be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy." 
  • Leviticus 19:1-2
Why did God create me in His image?
  • So that I might truly know God my Creator, 
  • love Him with all my heart, 
  • and live with God in eternal happiness, 
  • to praise and glorify Him.
When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers - the moon and the stars you set in place -
  •  what are mere mortals that you should think about them, 
  • human beings that you should care for them?  
  • Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor.  
  • You gave them charge over everything you made, putting all things under their authority 
  • Psalm 8:3-6


Comments

Popular Posts