I May Look Pretty Good...God, However


When I compare myself to other people, I may look pretty good.  God, however, looks at my heart.
- Adapted Excerpt from Comforting Hearts, Teaching Minds by Starr Meade

Am I so corrupt... 

  • that I am totally unable to do any good 
  • and inclined toward all evil?

Yes.

Fire tests the purity of silver and gold, 

  • but the Lord tests the heart.  Proverbs 17:3
The Lord observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, 
  • and He saw that everything they thought or imagined 
  • was consistently and totally evil.  Genesis 6:5
Unless... 

  • I am born again by the Spirit of God.
So now there is no condemnation 
  • for those who belong to Christ Jesus.  
  • And because you belong to Him, 
  • the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you 
  • from the power of sin that leads to death.  Romans 8:1-2

God saved you by His grace when you believed.  
  • And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift of God.  
  • Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, 
  • so none of us can boast about it.  
For we are God's masterpiece. 
  • He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, 
  • so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.  Ephesians 2:8-10


Comments

Popular Posts