I'm Doomed!

 


People can't pay for each other's sins while they have their own sins to pay for.

- Adapted Excerpt from Comforting Hearts, Teaching Minds by Starr Meade

CAN ANOTHER CREATURE - ANY AT ALL - PAY THIS DEBT FOR ME?

No.

  • To begin with, God will not punish any other creature for what a human is guilty of.
Furthermore, 

  • no mere creature can bear the weight of God's eternal wrath against sin
  • and deliver others from it.
Isaiah 6:1-5

It was in the year King Uzziah died that I saw the Lord.  
  • He was sitting on a lofty throne, 
  • and the train of his robe filled the temple.  
Attending him were mighty seraphim, each having six wings.  
  • With two wings they covered their faces, 
  • with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew.  
They were calling out to each other, 
  • "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Heaven's Armies!  
  • The whole earth is filled with His glory!"  
  • Their voices shook the Temple to its foundations, 
  • and the entire building was filled with smoke.  
Then I said, "It's all over!  
  • I am doomed, for I am a sinful man.  
  • I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips.  
  • Yet I have seen the King, the Lord of Heaven's Armies."
Psalm 130:3
Lord, 
  • if you kept a record of our sins, 
  • who, O Lord, could ever survive?

Comments

Popular Posts