My Own Wicked Choice


As a sinful human being, I am not able to obey God's law.   But that is because of my own wicked choice.
- Adapted Excerpt from Comforting Hearts, Teaching Minds by Starr Meade

BUT DOESN'T GOD DO ME AN INJUSTICE BY REQUIRING IN HIS LAW WHAT I AM UNABLE TO DO?

No.

  • God created me and all human beings with the ability to keep the law.
  • I, however, provoked by the devil,
  • in willful disobedience,
  • robbed myself and all my descendants of these gifts.
But God shows His anger from heaven 
  • against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.  
  • They know the truth about God because He has made it obvious to them.  
For ever since the world was created, 
  • people have seen the earth and sky.  
  • Through everything God made, they can clearly see His invisible qualities -  
  • His eternal power and divine nature.  
  • So they have no excuse for not knowing God.  
Yes, they knew God, 
  • but they wouldn't worship Him as God or even give Him thanks.  
  • And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like.  
As a result, their minds became dark and confused.  
  • Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.  
  • And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, 
  • they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.  
  • Romans 1:18-23

Comments

Popular Posts