I Need Him to Come Between Me and God


I need a mediator to come between me and God.  This mediator would pay the debt of my sin so I could return to God's favor.  I need a deliverer who can rescue me from the misery I have because of my separation from God.

- Adapted Excerpt from Comforting Hearts, Teaching Minds by Starr Meade

WHAT KIND OF MEDIATOR AND DELIVERER SHOULD I LOOK FOR THEN?

  • One who is a true and righteous human, 
  • yet more powerful than all creatures, 
  • that is, one who is also true God.

Matthew 1:20-23

As he considered this, 

  • an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. 
  • "Joseph, son of David," the angel said, 
  • "do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife.  
For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.  

  • And she will have a son, and you are to name Him Jesus, 
  • for He will save His people from their sins."

Comments

Popular Posts