I Can Never Be Right With God Until...


As a sinner, I can never be right with God until every sin I have ever committed and ever will commit has been fully punished.

- Adapted Excerpt from Comforting Hearts, Teaching Minds by Starr Meade

ACCORDING TO GOD'S RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT I DESERVE PUNISHMENT BOTH NOW AND IN ETERNITY: HOW THEN CAN I ESCAPE THIS PUNISHMENT AND RETURN TO GOD'S FAVOR?
  • God requires that His justice be satisfied.
Then the LORD came down in a cloud and stood there with him; 
  • and he called out his own name, Yahweh.  
  • The LORD passed in front of Moses, calling out,“Yahweh! The LORD!  
  • The God of compassion and mercy!  
  • I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.”
I lavish unfailing love to a thousand generations.   
  • I forgive iniquity, rebellion, and sin.  
  • But I do not excuse the guilty.  
  • I lay the sins of the parents upon their children and grandchildren; 
  • the entire family is affected - even children in the third and fourth generations."
Moses immediately threw himself to the ground and worshiped.  Exodus 34:5-8

There is a glimmer of comfort...
  • Therefore the claims of justice must be paid in full, 
  • either by ourselves or by another.
Yet it was our weakness He carried; 
  • it was our sorrows that weighed him down.  
  • And we thought His troubles were a punishment from God, 
  • a punishment for His own sins!  
But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.  
  • He was beaten so we could be whole.  
  • He was whipped so we could be healed.  
All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.  
  • We have left God's paths to follow our own.  
  • Yet the Lord laid on Him the sins of us all.  Isaiah 53:4-6



Comments

Popular Posts