Have I Lost the Love of God?


The love of God.  Have I lost it today?  Have I turned my back on the ocean, looking out over barren colorless hills for the ocean's fullness?

Do I need converting again?  Do I need to turn around to see that out there basks the ocean, whose waves sparkle and ripple on fathomless deeps and fullnesses?

I am too introspective today.  I mourn and wonder, then lifted on waves of feeling, I glow and say I love God.  But again my feelings ebb and flow and I mourn. 

Christianity is not a thing of times and seasons, but of God and faith.

If I drink deep and full of the love of God, I will not demand the impossible from earth's loves; then the love of mother and child, of husband and friend, will grow holier and healthier and simpler and grander.

Keep yourself in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life       (Jude 21).

Adapted Excerpt from Oswald Chamber's The Love of God

Comments

Popular Posts