When I Feel I've Lost What Is Most Dear to Me


You’re blessed 

  • when you feel you’ve lost what is most dear to you. 
  • Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you. 
Matthew 5:4 (The Message)

Am I... 

  • continually mourning over the sin of my life?  
When I sin, 
  • is there a godly sorrow that leads to repentance without regret?
Blessed [forgiven, refreshed by God's grace] 
  • are those who mourn [over their sins and repent], 
  • for they will be comforted [when the burden of sin is lifted].
Matthew 5:4 (Amplified Bible)

Distress that drives us to God does that. 

  • It turns us around. 
  • It gets us back in the way of salvation. 
  • We never regret that kind of pain. 
But those who let distress drive them away from God 

  • are full of regrets - 
  • end up on a deathbed of regrets.
2 Corinthians 7:10 (The Message)

Comments

Popular Posts