The Way of Rescuing Grace in Our Woke Culture


For sin, forgiveness; for weakness, strength; for foolishness, wisdom; for bondage, deliverance - such is the way of the grace of Jesus.

  • Our woke culture tries to force me to give way to weakness, to foolishness, and to live in constant guilt.
  • Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.  Galatians 5:25

If I am God's child, I'm either giving in to sin or giving way to the operation of rescuing grace, but my heart's never neutral.

  • Our woke culture seeks to humiliate me and deny me any possibility of rescue.
  • Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path.  And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.  Galatians 6:1

Confession is a grace.  Only grace can convince me to abandon my righteousness and run to the merciful arms of the Lord.

  • Our woke culture tries to bind me in a state of perpetual false confession, repentance, and grief over perceived sins of my ancestors and the sins I never committed.
  • Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.  Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah.  Acts 3:19-20
Lord, let me stand with courage and hope before the searching and exposing mirror of Your Word.

Come before His mirror of rescuing grace, dear ones.

Adapted Excerpt From 40 Days of Grace by Paul David Tripp

Comments

Popular Posts