Behind My Voice


I will find nothing more searching... 

  • than what the New Testament has to say with regard to the miserable, petty line of insisting on my own rights.  
  • The Holy Spirit gives me power to forgo my rights.

How often I have faced difficulties that never came, 

  • and every time I faced them I unfitted myself for the duty that lay before me.  
  • I have no business to be thinking about something else, 
  • my duty is always the duty that lies nearest.


Interest is natural, attention must be by effort.  

  • One of the great needs of my Christian life is to have a place 
  • where I deliberately attend to realities.  
  • That is the real meaning of prayer.

Pride, disdain for the people I talk to, 

  • will shut my mouth quicker than anything.  
  • When I speak, see that behind my voice is the life of God.

Adapted Excerpt From Run Today's Race by Oswald Chambers

Comments

Popular Posts