By His Fatherly Hand


I understand the providence of God to be t
he almighty and ever present power of God... 

by which God upholds, as with his hand, 

heaven and earth and all creatures, and so rules them that

  • leaf and blade, 
  • rain and drought, 
  • fruitful and lean years,
  • food and drink, 
  • health and sickness, 
  • prosperity and poverty—

all things, in fact, come to me not by chance but by his fatherly hand.

Do you have confidence in God with respect to the small and big things in your life, with the people in your life, and with the nations, kings, and rulers of the world?



The knowledge 
of God’s creation and providence helps me to be:

  • patient when things go against me,
  • thankful when things go well,

And for the future I can have

good confidence in my faithful God and Father

that nothing in creation will separate me from his love.

For all creatures are so completely in God’s hand

that without his will they can neither move or be moved.

What do you do to keep from worrying? 

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. (Psalm 20:7 NIV)




Comments

Popular Posts