Which Side Am I On Right Now?


There are but two sides in the world,—

  • the side of Christ and the side of the devil; 
  • and yet do I make it doubtful on which side I ought to be placed?
I may not be altogether careless about Christianity, 
  • but I cannot be called decided. 
I may not be numbered among the ungodly, 

  • but I cannot be placed among the Lord’s children. 
I may have some light; 

  • but is it saving knowledge? 

I may have some feeling; 

  • but is it grace? 
I may not be profane; 

  • but am I a child of God? 

I may possibly be one of the Lord’s people; 

  • but do I dwell so near the borders, 
  • that it cannot discerned to what nation I belong
I may not perhaps be spiritually dead; 
  • but like a sickly tree in winter, others hardly know whether I am alive. 
  • And thus I may live on without satisfactory evidences. 
  • Others cannot help doubting about me. 
  • Surely there is a cause.
Adapted Excerpt From
    Startling Questions
      J. C. Ryle

        Comments

        Popular Posts