Crying Out For Him Who Can Untie Things That Are Now Knotted Things...and more


Christ died for men precisely, because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth it.

Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is...the suddenness of the provocation does not make me an ill-tempered man; it only shows me what an ill-tempered man I am.

If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

If you are really a product of a materialistic universe, how is it that you don't feel at home there?  

Our lifelong nostalgia, our longing to be reunited with something in the universe from which we now feel cut off, to be on the inside of some door which we have always seen from the outside, is no mere neurotic fancy, but the truest index of our real situation.

...I do not believe (I wish I did) that my desire for Paradise proves that I shall enjoy it, I think it a pretty good indication that such a thing exists and that such a thing exists and that some men will.

Our whole being by its very nature is one vast need; incomplete, preparatory, empty yet cluttered, crying out for Him who can untie things that are now knotted together and tie up things that are still dangling loose.

- Excerpts from the writings of C.S. Lewis

Comments

Popular Posts