Prayer: God the Source of All Good
O LORD GOD, WHO INHABITS ETERNITY,
The heavens declare your glory, the earth your riches, the universe is your temple;
Your presence fills immensity,
Yet you have of your pleasure created life, and communicated happiness;
You have made me what I am, and given me what I have;
In you I live and move and have my being;
Your providence has set the bounds of my habitation, and wisely administers all my affairs.
I thank you for your riches to me in Jesus, for the unclouded revelation of him in your Word, where I behold his Person, character, grace, glory, humiliation, sufferings, death, and resurrection;
Give me to feel a need of his continual saviorhood, and cry with Job, 'I am vile', and with Peter, 'I perish', with the publican, 'Be merciful to me, a sinner'.
Subdue in me the love of sin,
Let me know the need of renovation as well as of forgiveness,
in order to serve and enjoy you forever.
I come to you in the all-prevailing name of Jesus,
with nothing of my own to plead,
no works, no worhiness, no promises.
I am often straying,
often knowingly opposing your authority,
often abusing your goodness.
Much of my guilt arises from my religious privileges,
my low estimation of them,
my failure to use them to my advantage,
But I am not careless of your favor or regardless of your glory;
Impress me deeply with a sense of your
omnipresence, that you are about my path,
my ways, my lying down, my end.
Valley of Vision

Comments
Post a Comment