A Love and a Delight
What is the coming to life of the new nature?
- It is a heartfelt joy in God through Christ,
- and a love and delight to live according to the will of God in all good works.
Psalm 51:8
- Make me hear joy and gladness, that the bones You have broken may rejoice.
- Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
- For thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
- Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
- for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
- For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
- Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
The Heidelberg Catechism Lord's Day 33

Comments
Post a Comment