And Learn to Put Your Sword Away


When my impatience seeks to interfere with God's plans, 

  • I must learn to put away my figurative sword.  
  • I must trust God's plan, 
  • wait on His timing, and 
  • act on His command.  
The more familiar I am with the Scriptures - 

  • knowing the great story, promises, and truths found within them -
  • the more I will understand His plans.  
But even then, 

  • there will be times when His ways are very mysterious to me and 
  • I am tempted to fight the path He is leading me along.  

I need to take Christ's words to Peter to heart: "Put your sword into its sheath!"  

  • I want to trust God's loving hand, 
  • obey His commands, and 
  • follow His lead.  
He is the author and finisher of my faith (Hebrews 12:2), and 

  • the story He is writing is more glorious 
  • than I could imagine or direct for myself.
John 18:10-11
  • Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear...
  • Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword into its sheath; 
  • shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?"
Adapted Excerpt From Truth for Life Volume 1, by Alistair Begg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By God's Word at Last My Sin I Learned

Wrestling With God

His Eye is on This Sparrow